BUILDING SHIPS

BUILDING SHIPS
SHIPYARD AT EUROPE

Thursday, August 12, 2010

SAFETY OPERATIONS.

Good evening to all my dear colleagues, in this opportunity I'm writing in order to express something that make think and really it is an important matter for all of us who are working on the inspection business, and it is the fact of the resting after operations or the same of being working during prolonged time, during the las weeks I've been experience a extreme number of job's orders for inspection, which at his time had been suction all my free time and rest, shift of more than 20 hrs straight which is affecting my capacity of reaction and at the mean time my social life.

It is really imperative that inspectors mus ask to their supervisors for shift changes no more than 16 hrs of continuous working, studies had realize that when the human been works more than 16 hrs a day it is the equivalent that been drunk, the time of reflects of the body minimize and the coordination is lost, this situation becomes in a danger for ourselves and the peoples who surround us and the safety of the operations.

My recommendation for my colleagues is, ask to the management of the operations to coordinate and schedule with time the necessary shift in order to guarantee 8 hrs of rest as minimum per shift.

Our health and safety is the priority before any job and responsibility, remember we are the main source in our job and making the proper way is doing it with safe.

Best Regards.

Abelardo Eijesser
Oil, gas and Chemical Inspector
Montreal, Quebec.
Canada